Nenagh to Limerick 88km

Early morning in Nenagh is dull and looking like rain. But at least there is no wind.
Mary has gone off early to work and Paddy is making the breakfast. He wants to make me a fry but I resist and settle for Weetobix and tea and toast. The trip back to Nenagh from those hills around Lough Derg has me hoping the cycle will not be taking me there.
Some of the lads at the school are finding the presentations tough. Opening old wounds. The young people in the school have done a lot to make our visit a good one. A bit of music livens everyone up and a nice coffee is a welcome start for the day.
I needn't have worried about the hills because we are taking the main road out of Nenagh heading for Killaloo and across the county border into Co Clare. A big deal apparently for Clare and Tipperary people because the town strides both counties.
On to Bodyke and to Tulla where we have a fantastic reception from the school who are lining both sides of the road to cheer us in. I never get used to that thrill. Our lunch spread is pretty awesome. As much food as we want.
Its great presenting to schools . To see the faces of the pupils. wonedering what the mad cyclists are going to do next. Its great!
Tulla then its of to Limerick. The first big city.
My host for the night is Ber and Pat. A great couple. Both cyclists. There is a few of us in the house and Pat has made the finest chicken and broccoli pie.
We have the pub quiz tonight in the town. Im the quizmaster so reluctantly I have to go and Her offered to drive me in.
I hate leaving the kind homestay. But Her is very understanding.
The quiz is great fun. Lots of banter and craic and a few beers. I know I'm going to pay for them tomorrow.
Home by 12.30 and to bed ready for tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Epilogue

Killarney to Mallow 77km